ATTENTION!! ... We just launched this forum recently, so not much is on it yet. JOIN TODAY!

Why I Dumped Adobe CC Software

Just want to comment on other things not covered on this forum??
PixelinkMedia
Site Admin

Why I Dumped Adobe CC Software

Post by PixelinkMedia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:23 am

Back in late 2017, Adobe made some upgrades to Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition. I did the upgrade, and come to find out three bad things happened. 1) They removed Dolby Sound (ACC) format from all three applications. 2) They never announced this to warn people and 3) The 2018 versions can only run on Windows 10, which I didn't have. This made the Adobe community very mad, including myself. So, paying the $52 a month (which they raised it to in JAN 2019), That left me with only Illustrator, In-design and Photo Shop. I wasn't going to get a new PC just to upgrade CC, neither was I going to pay $52 month and only get 3 major apps. So, I cancelled. They tried to make me pay a cancellation fee, but I argued my case that because they didn't announce these changes and are trying to force me to get another PC; basically they broke their contract with me to provide software for a set price per month. They didn't charge me that fee!! After all, it,was their PR negligence that cause the problem.

So, what did I do to replace all the Adobe CC applications...
  • Already had Coreldraw (replaces Illustrator/InDesign)
  • Affinity Design (replaced Illustrator)
  • Affinity Photo (replaced PhotoShop)
  • Saola (replaced Animate)
  • Blender (replaced After Effects)
  • HitFile, Davinci Resolve, PowerDirector (replaced PremierPro, After Effects and Audition)
  • RJ Text Edit (replaces Dreamweaver, except no WYSIWYG editor) - Which is fine with me - I mostly do PHP anyways
  • Mixcraft (replaces Audition sort of for music and tracks)

BYE-BYE Adobe - I don't miss you at all!!!
My Site: Pixelink Media • Windows 7 • 10G RAM • NIV-GForce GT 640 Graphics Card
Affinity (Designer/Photo/ • CorelDraw • Blender • HitFilm • Saola (web animation/interactive) • MagicaVoxel
Lazarus (Free Pascal) • .NET Framework (discontinued for now) • PHP • Html/CSS • Javascript • mySQL/SQLite
graphicNut

Re: Why I dumped Adobe CC Software

Post by graphicNut » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:58 am

I agree, I did the same thing, but have different alternatives to replace CC

I don't miss them either.

BTW... I like your website.
PixelinkMedia
Site Admin

Re: Why I dumped Adobe CC Software

Post by PixelinkMedia » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Awesome!!
My Site: Pixelink Media • Windows 7 • 10G RAM • NIV-GForce GT 640 Graphics Card
Affinity (Designer/Photo/ • CorelDraw • Blender • HitFilm • Saola (web animation/interactive) • MagicaVoxel
Lazarus (Free Pascal) • .NET Framework (discontinued for now) • PHP • Html/CSS • Javascript • mySQL/SQLite