ATTENTION!! ... We just launched this forum recently, so not much is on it yet. JOIN TODAY!

New Beta Blender 2.8 Version

Everything that pertains to Blender 3D
PixelinkMedia
Site Admin

New Beta Blender 2.8 Version

Post by PixelinkMedia » Sun May 05, 2019 11:42 am

I have been keeping tabs on the new Blender 2.8 (Beta) version since last fall. I have to say... it is an AWESOME upgrade from 2.79 as far as features and speed. With the new Evee Render engine, your render times are well beyond half the speed. However, as good as Evee is, it is not as good as Cycles yet. Cycles still produces the best render results. But, for fast graphics and animations, the quality of Evee is good enough for general use. For those who have struggled over the years with the complicated GUI interface, there has been a lot of improvements. It is much easier to use. Another great feature that has been Updated is the Grease Pencil. No more is it used for just annotation, but 2D cartoon like drawing, but in a 3D environment. Check that out!

This new version is in beta until around July when the official stable version is considered released. However, the beta version is pretty stable, but I still get an occasional crash once in a while. I would defiantly check it out.

https://www.blender.org
My Site: Pixelink Media • Windows 7 • 10G RAM • NIV-GForce GT 640 Graphics Card
Affinity (Designer/Photo/ • CorelDraw • Blender • HitFilm • Saola (web animation/interactive) • MagicaVoxel
Lazarus (Free Pascal) • .NET Framework (discontinued for now) • PHP • Html/CSS • Javascript • mySQL/SQLite
PixelinkMedia
Site Admin

Re: New Beta Blender 2.8 Version

Post by PixelinkMedia » Mon May 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Here is an update to the latest Blender 2.8

2.79 had colored buttons and they removed the color buttons when they started re-coding 2.80
NOW THEY ARE BACK!!

Albeit just on the side panel and in the outliner
I like it!!

blender1.jpg
My Site: Pixelink Media • Windows 7 • 10G RAM • NIV-GForce GT 640 Graphics Card
Affinity (Designer/Photo/ • CorelDraw • Blender • HitFilm • Saola (web animation/interactive) • MagicaVoxel
Lazarus (Free Pascal) • .NET Framework (discontinued for now) • PHP • Html/CSS • Javascript • mySQL/SQLite